Wednesday, November 01, 2006

G.G. Allin



there is a certain litmus test i've found to be rather effective in my years on this planet. when meeting people for the first time, if the conversation turns to music, mention G.G. Allin. if they are unaware or react with revulsion, do not give up hope. in all likelihood, they are fine people.

but for some, this is the moment when you will truly know if they are brothers and sisters.

i remember reading about him in a FLIPSIDE magazine a long time ago. and then i got the music. and then i heard the stories. now i don't know how much of those stories was true...it was just what i heard. but i was for goddamm sure i wasn't going anywhere near that motherfucker.

i got to meet his brother and talk with him at an Antiseen show. nice guy, that Merle. but i'll save that for another time.



Mark Prindle - critic, genius, connoisseur - hits the broken bottle into G.G.'s forehead in a review of Raw, Brutal, Rough & Bloody - Best of 1991 Live DVD. To wit:

THIS is the one to save for future generations when they ask to see footage of former U.S. president George W. Bush. As the camera begins, GG is naked to the gills, standing on a stage surrounded on all sides by "hipsters" out to see the freak show, presumably assuming that they are "cool" enough to detachedly snicker at GG's belligerence without incident. GG responds as follows (in chronological order): (a) trying to trade his beer tickets to an audience member for a blow job, (b) grabbing two women by the hair and trying to forcefully drag them onto the stage, (c) bending over, spreading his legs and letting loose a stream of diarrhea onto the stage, (d) scooping the waste into his hand and flinging it all over the audience members on all sides of him, (e) rubbing diarrhea all over his torso and penis, (f) getting on his hands and knees and licking up the diarrhea, (g) bashing the microphone into his head over and over until he is completely covered in blood, (h) complaining about the malfunctioning microphone and casually urinating on the side of the stage, (i) catching urine in his hand and slapping it up into his waiting mouth, (j) spitting a blast of urine into the audience, (k) looking around and exclaiming, "Hey! Where did everybody go?", (l) beginning his first song.



oh man...i'm feeling dirty already. let's wrap this up, shall we?



listen: G.G. Allin - fuck women i've never had [a Hank Jr. "cover"]
buy: G.G. Allin stuff

4 Comments:

Blogger Dok Johnson said...

And the fuk gets deeper.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...some carefully selected excerpts from an interview in February 1987...

MaximumRock&Rolll: When and why did you choose to start a band and make your own music?

GG: Just to fuckin' bother people, for revenge. I don't give a fuck what you think of me. I wanted total destruction and I didn't and don't care if everyone hates it. Fuck you. I wanted to be the total self-destructive animal, and I am. I don't like or trust anybody really. When I'm on stage nothing fuckin' matters. You could fucking shoot me, but I might fuck you up first, and I'll definitely rape some bitches.

MRR: What qualities do you look for in a possible member of one of your bands?

GG: No qualities. Just a fuckin' scum bag suckin' noise banging idiot. People with quality bore me. I hate fucking quality. Fuck it, fuck it, FUCK IT!!

MRR: Where do you do your recordings?

GG: Bathrooms, basements, any fucking where really. I ain't got the fuckin' money for studio time. Fuck that anyway. My shit is not meant to be recorded in a studio. It's toilet shit.

MRR: How was your most recent tour? What was your favorite place?

GG: One motherfucking blood party. We were drunk for 3 weeks straight. Madison, Wisconsin was a gig that comes to mind. We got thrown out and got in 3 fist fights at a party after. I was running around town in my jock strap. We destroyed the fuckers.

MRR: Do you have a regular job? How do you make enough money to survive?

GG: Yes, let's be fucking real. I drive a goddamned laundry truck. I'm the only one who smells as bad as the laundry. I'm not at all a clean person. I ain't washed my hair in 10 months.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Johnny St. Clair said...

it's fuc

as in "eat my fuc"

"And the fuc gets deeper."

now get with it, goddammit!!!


p.s. if you didn't listen to the ENTIRE track, you're really missing out.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home