Thursday, June 01, 2006

most definitely

"then how do people get better? (Hmmmm...) Well, from my understanding, people get better when they start to understand that they are valuable And they not valuable because they got a whole lot of money or 'cause somebody think they sexy but they valuable 'cause they been created by God and God makes you valuable And whether or not you recognize that value is one thing You got a lot of societies and governments tryin' to be God, wishin' that they were God They wanna create satellites and cameras everywhere and make you think they got the all-seein eye Eh...I guess The Last Poets wasn't too far off when they said that certain people got a God Complex I believe it's true I don't get phased out by none of that, none of that helicopters, the TV screens, the newscasters, the...satellite dishes...they just, wishin' They can't never really do that When they tell me to fear they law When they tell me to try to have some fear in my heart behind the things that they do This is what I think in my mind And this is what I say to them And this is what I'm sayin' to you: All over the world hearts pound with the rhythm Fear not of men because men must die Mind over matter and soul before flesh Angels for the pain keep a record in time which is passin' and runnin' like a caravan freighter The world is overrun with the wealthy and the wicked But God is sufficient in disposin' of affairs Gunmen and stockholders try to merit my fear But God is sufficient over plans they prepared Mos Def in the flesh, where you at, right here on this place called Earth, holdin' down my square"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fucker

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home